Does anyone else out there (besides me) wonder when enough is enough? How many times have you said that you just couldn't take any damn more? An then of course, you get more...and you say it again....and it's a cycle..you know how that goes.
I've been struggling (HA!) for the past few weeks with numerous financial setbacks of sorts. I had gone to the dentist earlier in the month to have them look at some bridge work I had done many years ago. It's going to have to be replaced and with my dental insurance--will cost about $1500 out of pocket. That same week, the air on my car went out and I have no clue as to how much that will cost to fix. My rent went up, my insurance (car) went up as well as medical. Blah, blah blah and more blah. You get the point. Well, yesterday I got up and decided that my dog needed to go to the vet as he's been having the sniffles for over a week now. I also had scheduled a cleaning with the dentist--no big deal. I anticipated the vet bill being over $100, just because he was not current on his vaccinations, but thankfully it didn't. It did however cost $64 (with change).
The bigger shock--going to the dentist. I sat down in the chair, prepared for your average snapper cleaning. They put a little swab with that numbing 'stuff on it, which I did find odd, but went on about the waiting. A few minutes later the dentist comes in with this long needle...they had neglected to inform me that the cleaning scheduled for today was a deep cleaning--getting in there and getting the funk out around your gum line--it's a good procedure, helps keep the gums nice and healthy. Any way, I figured it couldn't cost that much. Well, much to my suprise, it cost $102.25, which was after my insurance. Yippee ky-yo-ky-ya.
I went to my mother's house after (to pick up my puppy, she'd taken him to the vet) and proceeded to break down about "catching" that ever elusive break. She, rather nonchalantly, said, "That is called life. Life happens when you least expect it. Life jumps up and says boo! when you don't want it to. Life is basically about waiting for the next "thing" to happen.". Wow, isn't that a profound yet utterly repugnant statement. I so love waiting for freakin life to rear it's ugly side again :).
But on the bright side, I have teeth to clean and my puppy is fine (allergies by the way). Wouldn't the alternative to those suck more?
One Phat Grrl
onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

<< Home